Arcot Makkan Peda Recipe is an Indian sweet, made with dry fruits and nuts and it is famous in Arcot, a town of Vellore city in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.This makkan peda recipe is almost same like Arcot sweet stall styles. This Makkan Peda Arcot sweet recipe doesn’t call for Instant Gulab Jamun mix because I have used maida and sugarless Khoa. The speciality of this sweet is it doesn’t require soaking hours hence i will say this is the best makkan peda sweet recipe that can be served for our guest in a quick period of time and at the same time no need run for the store for searching the instant gulab jamun mix.This sweet peda recipe uses the mawa and you can call it as mawa peda also. This sweet is perfect for a potluck or any party menu. If you are searching for Koya jamun or kala jamun recipe check here.
Makkan Peda with khoya is always very rich and yummy. kids who don’t like milk, they would love to have this makkan peda arcot sweet because it is rich in calcium. The dry fruits like almond, pistachio, walnut, cashew nut, raisins and many more are included in this peda recipe.If you check the makkan peda price online the rate is too high and we make them at home it cost very less and very hygienic also.You can bake this sweet instead of deep frying it. Adding rose essence and the saffron threads with the sugar syrup give extraordinary flavour to this sweet.Making makkan peda sweet is perfect for Diwali and also for all the occasions. If you want to try gulab jamun with milk powder do check this gulab jamun recipe or want to try thanjavur famous dry gulab jamun ?
How to make Arcot Makkan Peda sweet without using gulab jamun mix
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup khoya
- a pinch baking soda
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- few saffron stands
- a drop rose essence
- few cashew nut, almonds, pistachios, raisins, walnut, apricot, cucumber seeds(nuts of your choice)
- In a mixing bowl,add maida and sugarless khoa and mix well. Add ghee, milk and baking soda and knead it into a soft dough. Keep it aside.
- Grate all the dry fruits and prepare a mixture.Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup, pour water into a pan of sugar and bring it to boil on low flame. Stir continuously till the syrup starts to thicken. add saffron stands,rose water. Keep it aside . Allow it to warm.
- Take gooseberry size dough and flattern it. fill the inside with the dry fruits stuffing. Roll it into a ball, flatten it slightly and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the balls until golden brown.Immerse the balls in the sugar syrup and allow it to soak for few minutes or it rises up double of its size.
First made the dough and then make the syrup because the dough need to keep for alteast 5-10mins .
Always cover the dough so that we can avoid cracking
Tips to avoid soaking hours and to make perfect makkan peda:
After made the dough keep it for 5-10 mins without disturbing and also cover it with a wet cloth so that we can avoid cracking over the peda and also the peda will become double it size after soaking.Always fry it in low flame so that the stuffing will cook well.Once fried the peda drop it immediately inside the syrup and also make sure the syrup should be warm. This helps that the peda will become soft in 5-10 mins time and no need to soak for long hours. For me it take 10mins time to serve.
Serve yummy makkan peda hot or cold 🙂