Thachi mummum Thir Sadham(sadam) Curd Rice is the south indian staple food.Our menu will not end without thir sadham.Aishu’s fav food.It is a Yummy, delicious and comforting food that every one likes.Curd rice/bagalabath is almost there in all menu. Curd rice is good all by itself or it can be served with pickle or mor milagai.
- 1 cup Raw rice/Sona Masoori
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup Curd
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp butter
- salt as needed
- coriander,finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 inch ginger grated
- 1 tsp oil
- Wash rice well, add water, salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- After steam goes off, open the lid and mash the cooked rice with mathu
- Allow the rice to cool down completely and then add the curd/thayir, milk , butter and mix well.
- Adjust the amount of salt at this stage. Since the rice is cooked with salt be careful in adding salt.
- Now heat oil in a kadai, splutter mustard seeds, then add urad dal and chilly. Switch off the stove.
- Add the tempering to the curd rice already prepared and mix well.Then Finally add the finely chopped cilantro and garnish the curd rice.