I was on Travel for the past 2 weeks,thus couldn’t able to post recipes on these days. Hope all of you Celebrated the Mother’s day.I made this cake for mother’s day celebration held at Aishu’s class party yesterday.She has been asking me to make a cake as same as the fresh fruit cake in the Bread Talk.At last i did and it came very well.
Baking Time :30-40 mins
Tin Size : 9 inch round tin.
Temperature : 180 degree celsius.
Recipe Source : Nasi Lemak Lover
- 5 egg yolks
- 20g sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 70g corn oil or any odour less oil
- 125g cake flour
- 5 egg whites
- 90g sugar
- 1tsp lemon juices or 1/2tsp cream of Tartar
- 2 cups Fresh whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar
For Fruit Topping:
- 1 Kiwi
- 6 Strawberries
- Apricot ( i used the tin halved Apricot)/any fruit of your choice
- Grease the 9 inch pan and pre heat the oven.
- Separate the egg into 2 mixing bowls
- Add in sugar into the yolks and whisks it until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix well.
- Add in the oil,cream of tartar and sugar into the white egg mix,beat till foamy.
- Add the white mix little by little into the yolk mix and use the hand whisks,mix well.
- Transfer the mix into a greased pan and spread evenly.
- Bake it for 30-40 mins at 180 degree Celsius.Once done cool the cake completely.
- I have divided the cake into 2 part to do frosting.
- Beat the icing sugar and whipping cream in a mixing bowl till the soft peaks occur.keep the one part of the cake on the cake board.Apply the cream all over the cake and spread the chopped fruits on it.
- Apply the cream on top of the fruits and sandwich the cake,cover the fruit layer by the second part of the cake.
- Apply the cream all over the cake.
- Use the deco blade to do pattern on sides.
- Do piping on the sides of the cake and then arrange the fruits on top of the cake.
Here is the yummy cake is ready for the celebration.
1. Before separate the eggs,refrigerate it, so that it is easy to separate the yolk and white.
2.Start beating the egg immediately once you added the sugar, otherwise it will become stiff and take time to dissolve.
3.You can top any fruits of your choice.
Have a Nice Day!!!