Baked this cake first time and it came out very well.I got this recipe from one of my friend.Walnut oil which has been used in this recipe,gives nutty flavor to this cake.The caramel sauce adds special touch to this cake,especially while serving.This is very simple recipe and easy to bake.
Baking time:25-30 minutes
Tin size:9 inch round tin
Temperature: 180 degree Celsius
1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
150 g Butter,at room temperature
2 tsp Walnut oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3-4 walnut for topping
For Caramel Sauce:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter
a drop of Vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven and grease the tin.
- Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat it ,till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the egg and start beating it.Beat at high speed for 5 minutes or till it becomes soft and foamy.
- Add the flour,baking powder,baking soda and oil, mix well.Add in the finely chopped walnut and mix well.
- Grease the tin and transfer the mix.Top the walnuts.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.Once the cake done remove it from the oven and cool it completely.Walnut cake is ready now lets make the caramel sauce.
- Add the cream,butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan.Boil it till it become a sticky consistency.Add in the vanilla extract finally and remove it from stove.
- I used walnut oil here if you didn’t get the oil you can change it into any odorless oil but sure taste will not be the same.
- Caramel sauce topping gives yummy taste to the cake,if you don’t like no need to add it.
Have a nice day!!!
Technorati Tags: Walnut Recipe,Walnut cake,Walnut cake recipe,Caramel frosting,caramel,How to make caramel cake,How to make cake,how to,Cake recipe