Poori with potato masala is Aishu’s fav.I used to make this twice in a week for her.Sometimes i will pack to her school also.The most tasty part in poori masal is the sliced onions.I usually add lot of onions in Poori masal.Recently i had masal dosai in a friend’s house,she used cabbage instead of onion.The taste was awesome.After that i started using cabbage in poori masal.Masala Stuffed in dosai (masala dosai) would be an excellent combo.Do try this way next time while you make potato masal.
Prep Time: Under 35 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
3 potatoes,medium size
1/2 cup cabbage thinly sliced
2 green chillies
1 inch ginger grated
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp channa dal
1/2 tsp urad dal
1 tsp oil
A pinch hing
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
A sprig curry leaves
1 tsp roasted gram flour(kadala mavu)
1/4 cup water
salt as needed
- Soak the channa dal just 1/2 an hour before cooking and drain the water keep aside.
- Boil the potato and peel the skin,mash it.
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper the mustard seed.Once the seeds splutter add in the hing,urad dal,soaked channa dal,curry leaves and grated ginger.Saute for a while.
- Add in the cabbage and salt,saute it.
- Add in the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix roasted gram dal flour with water,without lumps.Add in this flour mix and mix well.Once the masala started thickening,Remove it from the stove.
- Heat the dosa tawa .Once it become hot grease it with oil and then spread a ladle of the dosa batter on it.
- Drizzle little oil over the dosa and cover it with a lid.
- Remove the lid and you see that the top layer cooked nicely.
- Leave the corner and then spread 2 tbsps of potato masala horizontally over the dosai and start folding it,start from the corner.Roll the dosai and remove it from the stove.
- I have added cabbage instead onion if you don’t like you can use onions.
- I used kadala mavu(roasted gram dal flour) as thickening agent,if you don’t like the kadala mavu flavour then you can also add rice flour.
Have a nice day!!!
Technorati Tags: hotel poori masala recipe,poori masal recipe,poori masala recipe,poori curry,poori recipe,poori masala restaurant style,poori masala recipe in tamil,poori kilangu tamil,poori kilangu recipe,poori kilangu masala,poori kilangu masala recipe,potato side dish for poori,urulai kilangu masala,poori masala,potato recipes for poori