Poori with potato masala is Aishu’s fav.I used to make this twice in a week for her.Sometimes i will pack to her school also.The most tasty part in poori masal is the sliced onions.I usually add lot of onions in Poori masal.Recently i had masal dosai in a friend’s house,she used cabbage instead of onion.The taste was awesome.After that i started using cabbage in poori masal.Masala Stuffed in dosai (masala dosai) would be an excellent combo.Do try this way next time while you make potato masal.
Prep Time: Under 35 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
3 potatoes,medium size
1/2 cup cabbage thinly sliced
2 green chillies
1 inch ginger grated
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp channa dal
1/2 tsp urad dal
1 tsp oil
A pinch hing
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
A sprig curry leaves
1 tsp roasted gram flour(kadala mavu)
1/4 cup water
salt as needed
- Soak the channa dal just 1/2 an hour before cooking and drain the water keep aside.
- Boil the potato and peel the skin,mash it.
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper the mustard seed.Once the seeds splutter add in the hing,urad dal,soaked channa dal,curry leaves and grated ginger.Saute for a while.
- Add in the cabbage and salt,saute it.
- Add in the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix roasted gram dal flour with water,without lumps.Add in this flour mix and mix well.Once the masala started thickening,Remove it from the stove.
- Heat the dosa tawa .Once it become hot grease it with oil and then spread a ladle of the dosa batter on it.
- Drizzle little oil over the dosa and cover it with a lid.
- Remove the lid and you see that the top layer cooked nicely.
- Leave the corner and then spread 2 tbsps of potato masala horizontally over the dosai and start folding it,start from the corner.Roll the dosai and remove it from the stove.
- I have added cabbage instead onion if you don’t like you can use onions.
- I used kadala mavu(roasted gram dal flour) as thickening agent,if you don’t like the kadala mavu flavour then you can also add rice flour.
Have a nice day!!!