Looking for buns/rolls recipes that don’t require a bread machine? This is an easy and basic recipe for Cinnamon Rolls that does not require much skill.There are many ways to make Cinnamon Rolls and this is one of them (and in my opinion, a very simple way).
Yields : 8-9 buns
Baking Time : 20-25 minutes.
Tin Size : 8 inch square or round tin.
3 cups Plain flour
3 tbsp Melted butter
1 tbsp Active dry yeast
1 and 1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Luke warm Milk
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Cinnamon powder
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp butter for brushing
2 tsp Cream cheese
2 tsp Icing Sugar
1 tsp Butter
2 drops vanilla Extract
- Add flour,butter,salt,sugar and yeast,mix well.Add in Milk little by little and knead the dough well.
Add in oil and knead well.Wrap it and keep it for 2 hours.
- Allow it rise for double the size.
- Dust the work surface with flour and then rolls the dough using rolling pin.
- Brush on top with butter.
- Mix cinnamon and brown sugar,sprinkle all over the dough.
- Start rolling it,tightly.Cut it into 2 inch pieces.
- Arrange it in a baking tray.
- Wrap it and let it to rise for half an hour.Bake it for 20-25 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- In a mixing bowl,add in cream cheese,icing sugar,butter and vanilla essence and blend well.
- Spread it all over the hot buns and serve it.
- Cheese frosting is optional you can avoid glace.
- For stuffing you can add Chocolate chips,tutti fruity, raisins also.
- You can use wheat flour instead plain flour.