Let this New Year bring you more happiness,health and wealth so with a joyful heart. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.இனிய புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்.Here am sharing a classic dessert which is commonly made on all special occasions.Scroll down for Recipe.
Serves : 2-3
1/2 cup Vermicelli/Semiya
1/3 cup Sago/Javvarisi
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
A generous Pinch Cardamom Powder
1 tsp Ghee
5-10 Cashew Nuts
- Soak sago in water for 1/2 an hour and drain it,this will help you for quick cooking .
- Heat ghee in a kadai and then fry the cashew nuts and raisin,till golden brown.Take out in a plate,keep aside.
- Fry the vermicelli in the same pan,take it out and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan and then add the soaked sago,cook until it turns to a transparent balls.
- Add the vermicelli and cook for few seconds or till it turns soft.
- Once the vermicelli becomes soft ,add the milk.Let it to boil.
- Add in the cardamom powder and mix well.Now add the fried raisins and cashew nuts.Serve the Payasam either Hot or cold.
- Soaking the sago helps you for quick cooking.If you are using the small variety,then no need to soak for long just soak it just for 10 minutes and add it.
- You can use condensed milk instead normal milk.In that case skip sugar.
- You can add any nuts of your choice.
Have a nice Day!!!