Let this New Year bring you more happiness,health and wealth so with a joyful heart. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.இனிய புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்.Here am sharing a classic dessert which is commonly made on all special occasions.Scroll down for Recipe.
Serves : 2-3
1/2 cup Vermicelli/Semiya
1/3 cup Sago/Javvarisi
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
A generous Pinch Cardamom Powder
1 tsp Ghee
5-10 Cashew Nuts
- Soak sago in water for 1/2 an hour and drain it,this will help you for quick cooking .
- Heat ghee in a kadai and then fry the cashew nuts and raisin,till golden brown.Take out in a plate,keep aside.
- Fry the vermicelli in the same pan,take it out and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan and then add the soaked sago,cook until it turns to a transparent balls.
- Add the vermicelli and cook for few seconds or till it turns soft.
- Once the vermicelli becomes soft ,add the milk.Let it to boil.
- Add in the cardamom powder and mix well.Now add the fried raisins and cashew nuts.Serve the Payasam either Hot or cold.
- Soaking the sago helps you for quick cooking.If you are using the small variety,then no need to soak for long just soak it just for 10 minutes and add it.
- You can use condensed milk instead normal milk.In that case skip sugar.
- You can add any nuts of your choice.
Have a nice Day!!!
Technorati Tags: Payasam Recipes,Easy Payasam Recipes,Semiya Payasam,Javvarisi Payasam,Semiya Javvarisi Payasam,Sago Recipe,Sago Payasam Recipe,Vermicelli Payasam Recipe,Vermicelli Sago Payasam,Tamil New Year Recipe,Tamil New Year Menu,Pandigai Menu,indian recipes tamil new year,awesome tamil new year recipes,tamil new year menu,tamil new year special recipes,tamil new year food special,what to do on tamil new year,tamil new year sweets,recipes for tamil puthandu,Tamil New Year 2013,Puthandu 2013,Puthandu,Varuda Pirappu 2013,Varuda Pirappu.