I guess no special intro is required for Kulfi Ice cream since it is every ones favorite. In my home town they sell kulfis in a earthenware pot called ‘Matka’ filled with Ice Cream.Me and Arvind love kulfi very much but now a days we totally stopped having ice creams as Aishu is learning vocal so not making it very often at home,but I made kulfi yesterday after long time for the special occasion. Most of the recipes calls for condensed milk and full cream but i tried it in a simple way. I am sure it tastes delicious.
I would like to thank my bil who bought this matka pot which i used here. Thanks a lot Anna.Lets Proceed with the recipe.
prep time: 10 mins + 8 hours for setting
Cooking time: 10 mins
2 cups milk + 1/2 cup for grinding
1 slice white bread
1/2 tsp Corn Starch
5 tsp Sugar( adjust according to your taste)
3-4 Cardamom Pods(Powdered)
10 Pistachios for grinding
few Pistachios finely chopped(for garnishing)
Few saffron stands(optional)
- Boil milk in a sauce pan without adding water,keep Stirring to prevent the milk from burning on the bottom of the pan.Boil it well till it becomes thick or it comes from 2 cups to 1 cup.
- Remove the crust from all sides of the bread and cut the bread in small pieces.
Add the bread pieces,pistachios,milk,corn starch and blend well.(If you are using almonds add at this stage or mango pulp add at this stage).
- Add cardamom powder into the milk and again boil it for few minutes.
- Add the grinded pistachio mix into the milk and stir continuously.
- Add little chopped pistachios and sugar,mix well.
- After adding the corn starch mix the milk started to become thick so stir continuously.Turn off the heat once it reaches the thick porridge like consistency.
- Cool down for some time and then pour the mix into the matka pot.If you don’t have pot you can use any moulds.
- Wrap the pot or mould and set it in freezer for 6-7 hours.
- Take it out from fridge just before serving.
I made this special heart shape kulfi for my HubbyPriya’s Valentine’s day Event. and sending this to
- You can use almond’s instead of pistachios for Kesar Badam Kulfi.
- If you want to make mango kulfi you can add the mangoes pulp with the milk and mix well.
- You can drop the kulfi mix in kulfi mould also if you don’t get the pot.After dropping the mix insert a stick into the mix so that it is easy for you to take out from the mould.Before taking it out just show the back of the mould in running water so that it will not stick into the mould and you will get the perfect shape.
- If you are using the new Mutka pot soak in water for half an hour before use.
Do try this yummy ice cream and enjoy !!!
Wishing you all a Happy Valentine’s day!!!