Raw Mango rice is one of our fav comfort food, which is so simple to make and the flavor is amazing! This tangy rice is a wonderful menu for lunch box.Mango rice goes well with all kind of curry so here am sharing my fav combo,Raw Banana Curry.
Ingredients For Raw Mango Rice:
1/2 Raw Mango (Small) ,grated
2 Green Chillies
2 tsp Gingerly Oil
1 and 1/2 cup Rice(Cooked)
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Urad dhal
1 tsp Chana dhal
1 tbsp Peanuts
A Generous Pinch Hing
A Pinch Turmeric powder
A sprig Curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Grate the raw mango finely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan,temper it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.Wait until all the mustard seeds splutter.Then add chana dhal, urad dhal, hing and peanut.When the colour of dhal changes, add green chillies and fry it for a while,then add in turmeric powder and salt, saute.
- Now add the finely grated raw mango, saute for couple of minutes.
- Once the mangoes cooked well,then on a low flame gradually add rice.
- Mix it well until the rice blends nicely with the paste, mix it well and serve.
- If you have added the salt while cooking the rice, then reduce the addition of salt while making mango rice.
- If you think the boiled rice is sticky,spread it in a large plate and add some oil preferably gingerly oil and mix.
- It is not mandatory to use Gingerly oil, you can alternate with any oil of your choice.
- The mango skin should be peeled off before grating.
Ingredients For Raw Banana Curry:
1 Raw Banana,Peeled and sliced thinly
1 tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seed
1/3 tsp Cumin Seed
1/3 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Fennel seed Powder
A sprig curry leaves
Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan,add in the mustard seed and cumin seed.Once it splutter add in curry leaves and the sliced raw banana,saute.
- Then add in the fennel seed powder,salt,turmeric powder and chilly powder,saute well.Cover for few minutes and fry till golden brown.
Have a Nice day!!!