Broccoli is widely regarded as one of the healthiest vegetables. Though we might have hated this as a kids, but we try to make our kids to have broccoli as it contains wide range of health benefits.Walnuts in this broccoli soup make it extra creamy so you don’t need heaps of cheese to do the job.Try this yummy soup for a comforting meal that it won’t feel you hungry.
The soup lightly topped with coconut milk gives a silky texture and a hint of exotic nuttiness instead of a heavy cream.
Yields: 4-6 Servings
1 head broccoli,chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large potatoes, boiled,peeled and cubed
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
a pinch ground nutmeg(optional)
1 tbsp Coconut milk (optional)
1/2 cup water
Salt as needed
- Always choose the dark green headed broccolis.Separate the flowerets and chopped it.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in broccoli and boiled potatoes,saute for few seconds.Pour in water and bring to a boil.Cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the vegetables are cooked well transfer it into a blender,Puree it by adding in salt, pepper and nutmeg.Again bring to boil for few minutes and then remove it from the stove.Serve, garnished it with Coconut milk and chopped walnuts.
- Try this soup with the combo of vegetables like carrot,cabbage,asparagus,etc.
- You can replace the coconut milk with fresh milk also.
- You can add oilve oil instead of butter.
Have a nice Day!!!