Saffron rice delicacy is a mild rice, richly with saffron and a scattering of raisins and cashew nuts.Saffron makeup this colourful and warming rice. Whenever i make rich side dishes like Paneer Butter Masala,Kadai Paneer, Chilli Paneer ,Paneer gobi Masala,Paneer Tikka Masala,Paneer in white gravy,Tamatar chaman that time i will make some mild rice varieties like jeera rice,paneer pulao or green peas pulao but last week i made this Saffron rice,it is a wonderful combo with Matar Paneer Masala.No party,festival or get together can be planned without paneer preparation.Paneer dish will be there in my Party menu as well.It is very simple and quick recipe.I made it in a jiffy so couldn’t able to click the step vice pics, will update that later while i make it again.Scroll down for the recipe.
For Saffron Rice We need:
A Generous Pinch of Saffron
1/4 cup warm milk
1 tsp Ghee
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 and 1/4 cup Water
A drop of yellow food colour
4-5 Cashew nuts
1 tsp Salt
Method of Preparation:
- Soak Basmati rice in water for an hour before cooking.Steep saffron in warm milk until it bleeds.Mix the yellow food colour in milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown.
- Cook the rice.add the saffron along with the milk.Once the rice well cooked,remove it from the stove.
- Garnish it with fried cashews and Raisins and serve hot.
- You can add fresh fruits while serving.
- You can garnish it with fried onions on top before serving
- Instead yellow food colour you can use a pinch of turmeric powder.
Lets Proceed with Matar Paneer Masala.
For Matar Paneer Masala We need:
1/2 cup shelled Green Peas( i used frozen Peas)
100g Cottage Cheese Paneer
3 medium sized tomatoes
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 inch ginger piece, finely chopped
1 and 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilly powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/3 tsp kasturi methi
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
- Blend tomatoes with chopped ginger & keep aside.
- Thaw the paneer and green peas if you are using the frozen one.
- Cube the paneer into half inch pieces.Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry it then remove it to a plate.
- In the same pan add the cumin seeds.Once the seeds cracks, add in the tomato puree,turmeric powder,chilly powder,salt and sugar.Cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add in the Paneer cubes and Green peas saute well.Now add the water and cook on medium heat without covering with the lid.Finally add the kasturi methi and stir well.
- Once the gravy become thick remove it from the stove and serve hot.
- If you want to make Aloo matar Paneer Masala, boil the potato and then add it with masala.
- If you want to make green peas masala follow the same step and avoid paneer.
- If you want to make it more flavourful you can add a pinch of gram masala at the end.
- If you want a thick gravy,then dissolve a tsp of corn flour in water and then add it in the final stage.Once you added the mix should not cook for long.
Have a Nice Day!!!