Christmas Cookies, like sugar cookies(recipe coming soon),Gingerbread man have been favourites for generations.Last year itself i planned to post but couldn’t. Many christmas Recipes are sleeping in my draft will publish soon.Aishu did the deco over the cookies by watching the you tube videos.Hope you guys like it
For cookies You Need:
2 and 1/2 cups Plain flour(maida)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Mixed spice or (1 tsp ground dry ginger,1/2 tsp ground cinnamon,1/4 tsp ground cloves,1/4 tsp ground nutmeg)
1/2 cup butter,at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup warm milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- I used the mixed spice powder,you can use the grounded dry ginger,cinnamon,cloves,nutmeg.
- Take a mixing bowl add plain flour,spice powders,baking powder,baking soda,mix well.
- Shift the mix and keep aside.
- Add the butter and brown sugar(brown sugar which is used is not too dark so the cookies looks light brown) in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add the milk and mix well.Add in the shifted flour and mix well.
- Use your hands and knead the dough,the dough consistency will be like chapathi dough.If it is too thick add a tsp milk and knead well.
- Take little part and roll it using the rolling pin.
- Use the cookie cutter and cut the dough.
Use your desired cutter and cut the dough.See who is in the kitchen with me.
- Line a parchment paper and arrange the cookies on it.
- Bake it for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.Remove it from oven and let it cool completely.Cookies are ready for dress up.
Lets make the icing:
How to make Vegan Royal Icing for Cookies:
1 cup icing sugar(shifted)
1 and 1/2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp lemon juice
2-3 tsp soy milk(if you don’t get add normal milk)
- Shift the icing sugar and corn starch,keep aside.
- Take 1/2 cup of flour first.Drop lime juice or vinegar and soy milk beat well.
- Scrap down the sides and then add in the remaining icing sugar,beat well.
- If you feel the mix is bit watery add a tsp of icing sugar and mix it.Now the icing is ready.
- Separate the icing into 3 parts and keep the one part separately.
- Take the other 2 parts add 3 drops of red and green colours,mix well.
- Fill the icing in cones and make it ready.
- Make ready the cones and start the deco.Drop the outline first and then fill it.Use tooth pick for spreading the colour all over the cookies.
- You can make the simple deco also ,if you want to make the snow effect on cookies and sprinkle sugar on top of white icing,it will stick on it.Let it cool down after deco so that the cream will not stick on you hands.Once done store it in air tight container.
Have Nice Day!!!