Badhusha/Badusha is one of the famous sweet in Bombay sweets stall,they sell Badhusha with koya topping on it so it is called as Special Badhusha.Aishu usually won’t touch sweets.Last year during our visit to my home town,my dad bought a box of special badhusha from Bombay sweets.she loved it very much and she almost completed the whole box.Only for her i thought to make badhusha this year diwali and she loved the koya topping very much.
Recipe Source : Sharmis Passions
1 and 1/2 cups Maida
1/4 cup Butter,melted
1 and 1/2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Curd
1/2 tsp Cooking Soda
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 cup Water (+ or – adjust accordingly)
Oil – for deep frying
For sugar Syrup:
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Water
Cardamom Powder – a generous pinch
2 stands Saffron + few stands for garnishing
3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- Add the melted butter and curd in a mixing bowl and mix it well.
- Add in the maida / plain flour and just crumble the flour.
- knead the dough for 10 mins or it become soft and peal able dough.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized ball and rest it for 10 mins.
- Close the dough with a wet cloth otherwise it will become dry.
- Start shaping the dough,you can swirl the ends decoratively or simply flattern the balls and make a small depression in the centre,using your thumb.
- Heat the oil and drop the badhusha carefully into the oil and fry it in moderate heat,till it become light golden brown.
- Drain the oil and take it out.
- Make sugar syrup by heating Sugar and water in another kadai and boil it.Add the lime juice and saffron strands and boil it.When syrup reaches one sting consistency remove it from heat.
- Dip the fried badhusha in the syrup and turn both sides of badhusha.Repeat the dipping process twice or thrice till required sweetness.
- Take them out,if you want to sprinkle nuts on top add it now so that it sticks nicely,once it become dry it won’t stick.