Aviyal is the one which must be there in our pandigai menu,without Aviyal the pandigai will not be full filled .Usually we will make Aviyal using the vegetables like beans, carrot, yam, ash gourd, pumpkin, raw banana etc after tasted this tindora Avial in Lakshmi Narashiman Restaurant here,i thought to post the recipe.The taste of this Avial is really delicious.Do try this out
250 g Tindora (Kovakkai)
1 sprig Curry leaves(optional)
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 cup Thick curd
2 tbsp Coconut oil
Salt as needed
1/2 cup Grated coconut
4 Green chillies
1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Wash and clean the Tindora.Cut both the edges and then cut into thin long strips.
- Soak cumin seeds in water for 5 minutes and grind it along with grated coconut and green chillies.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves,temper it.Then add the tindora,cover and cook till it becomes soft.
- Once done add the ground paste,salt and turmeric powder, allow it to boil till the raw smell goes away.
- Switch off the stove and add the curd and mix well.Pour the remaining coconut oil into it and mix well.
Here is the Tindora Avial is ready to serve,it goes well with rice and perfect combo with Adai
Have Nice Day!!!