Hope you all enjoyed the visual navratri treats from Prema’s Culinary.Thanks a lot for all your support for making this happen and wonderful words in each post.Today am sharing the recipe for sweet Paasi Paruppu / moong dal Sundal.Try this simple and delicious recipe.
1/2 cup Green gram / Moong dal
1/2 Jaggery grated
1/4 cup Water
3 tbsp grated Coconut
A Pinch Cardamom Powder
- Dry roast the Moong dal in a kadai,till nice aroma comes out.Soak the dal in water for 6 hours or leave it over night.Cook it in a pressure cooker for one or two whistles.Drain the excess water, keep aside.
- Make the jaggery syrup by adding 1/4 cup water in pan and then add in the grated jaggery bring to boil.
- Strain the impurities and again boil it.Let it boil for few minutes.
- Once it starts thickening,reduce the heat and add the cooked moong and stir well.
- Stir continuously till all the jaggery water and moong blends well.Even if little moist don’t worry after adding coconut it will become dry.
- Add cardamom powder,grated coconut and mix it well.Remove it from the stove.Serve it.