This year I am planning to post 9 days during Navratri,the one which i will be preparing for Neivedyam. Usually I will keep kolu every year and i am celebrating this year as well. While discussing with Priti about navratri recipes it strike both of us to make soya bean sundal. As I like soya bean, making sundal of it is healthy and good variety than usual channa sundals. Usually for Neivedyam we won’t use onion or gram masalas for sundals.Instead of gram masala we use this kind of masala,it is bit spicy and taste delicious.If you have this masala handy you can try it with green peas,channa,chick peas,white peas,rajma,double beans,etc…So here am sharing the recipe.
How to make basic masala for masala sundal:
To make masala we need:
1 cup channa dal
2 cups coriander seeds
1/2 cup grated coconut
10 dry red chilies
- Dry roast the Dry red chilly,coriander seeds,channa dal,grated coconut separately one by one.Let it cool for few minutes.
- Then grind all the ingredients together to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Masala is ready now.
Soya Bean Masala Sundal:
1 cup Soya Bean
2 tbsp Masala Powder
1 tsp oil
2 dry red chilly
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Urad Dal
Salt as required
- Soak the soya bean for 3-4 hours and then Pressure cook the soya beans.Drain the water,keep aside.Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and urad dal when it starts splutters add the curry leaves.
- Then add soya bean,mix well.Add the required quantity of salt.
- Add 2 tbsp of the masala powder to it and mix well.Masala Sundal is ready for Navarathri Neivedhyam.