Kosambari is a healthy and delicious salad which we have make this almost for all occasions.Especially for Ramanavami and Navarathiri. This is very simple, quick and easy salad recipe.Do try this healthy salad for Navaratri fasting and enjoy.
1/2 cup moong dal(pasi paruppu)
1 Medium sized Carrot grated
1/2 Lemon (juice)
2 tbsp grated Coconut
For the seasoning:
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Urad dal
1 tbsp Finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp Finely chopped Green chillies
A Pinch Asafoetida/Hing
- Soak Moong dal for about 2 hours in water.
- After 2 hours heat the oil in a pan and temper the mustard seeds,urad dal and hing,once the seeds splutter add the finely chopped ginger and chilies,saute well.
- Drain the water completely and add the soaked moong dal,mix well.
- Add in the grated carrot and mix well.
- Then add in the grated coconut and saute well.
- Switch off the stove.Finally squeeze Lemon and mix well.
Here is Kosumalli Kosambari is ready for Neivedyam.
Have a Nice Day!!!