I always love the flavor of masala,in sundals.I prepared kondakadalai masala sundal today for naivedyam. If masala is handy,making masala sundal is very easy.Do check the recipe for soya bean masala sundal here.
To make masala we need:
1 cup channa dal
2 cups coriander seeds
1/2 cup grated coconut
10 dry red chilies
- Dry roast the dry red chilly,coriander seeds,channa dal,grated coconut separately one by one.Let it cool for few minutes.
- Then grind all the ingredients together to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.Masala is ready now.
To make masala sundal:
1 cup Black channa Kondakadalai
2 tbsp Masala Powder
1 tsp oil
A pinch hing
2 dry red chilly
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Urad Dal
Salt as required
- Soak the black channa for overnight or 8 hours and then Pressure cook it for 3 whistles.Drain the water,keep aside.Heat oil in a pan and add hing,mustard seeds and urad dal when it starts splutters add the curry leaves.
- Then add cooked black channa,mix well.Add the required quantity of salt.
- Add 2 tbsp of the masala powder and mix well. Once the sundal become dry,switch off the stove.