One fine morning me and my friend met up for casual chit chat,she brought a box of dates chocolate(from Dubai).She knows well that i don’t like chocolates but she ask me try one.I refuse to try initially but then i tasted one,later completed 4 – 5 without sharing her.Immediately i told her i will make & post the recipe for this yummy chocolate.Made this last week twice but then still feel like eat some .Here is the recipe.
200g Dates(25 medium sized dates)
Baked Almonds/cashew Nuts(whole as many as the number of dates)
1 cup Chocolate
1/4 cup White Chocolate
How to make Dates Chocolate:
- I am using the dates with seeds,you can use the pitted dates.
- If you are using seeded dates,slit open the dates and remove the seeds one by one.
- Here am using the baked almonds.You can toast the nuts in an oven for about 10 minutes.If you do not have an oven,dry roast the same in a wok until golden brown.Stuff the nuts inside the dates and close it.
- Repeat this for the remaining dates.Keep aside.
- Fill 1/4th part of bowl with water.Take another bowl just a size bigger than the bowl which you took water,make sure that it should not immerse into the water bowl.
- Chop the chocolate into equal size.
- Keep the bowl which contains water in the stove at low flame.Once the water starts boiling keep the chocolate bowl on top of the water bowl.
- After few seconds the chocolate gets starts melting.
- Keep stirring because the chocolate is very delicate and can become lumpy or grainy if overheated or will burn on the bottom.
- Once all the chocolate pieces melted stop the stove and remove the chocolate bowl from heat.
- Dip the dates one by one into the melted chocolate.
- Take it out using fork.
- Arrange the dipped chocolate in the parchment paper or in a plate.
- Repeat this for all the dates,keep aside.
- Meanwhile double boil the white chocolate.
- Fill the melted white chocolate into a piping cone .
- Drop a design on top of the dates.
- Set it in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then take it out.