Many of you might not have seen this shaped coconut bunsBut these Coconut Buns are very famous in Ceylon dasan Bakery at my home town(Thanjavur), and my Favourite too. I wanted to make the same coconut buns instead of the usual round shape ones and tried it now.In Thanjavur Bakeries the coconut buns are flat and topping with coconut and sugar.Here also i have seen this shaped buns in many bakeries.This taste delicious and very easy to make. After the big hit of my dil kush buns at home and now it has become my daughter’s favourite too,she is keep on asking me to make this again and again.Here is the recipe for you guys
4 cups Plain Flour
50 g Butter at room temperature
1 tbsp Yeast
1/4 cup Sugar
250 Warm Milk
2 tbsp Oil
Warm Water- remaining to form a firm dough.
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Corn flour
3 tbsp Milk
1/4 cup shredded Coconut
1 tsp Butter
3 tbsp Course Sugar
A Pinch Cardamom Powder
- Add the Plain flour,butter,yeast,salt,sugar and milk in a mixing bowl.
- knead until smooth and elastic.
- Finally add oil and knead well.
- Wrap the flour and allow it to rise until it gets doubled.
- Once done take little amount of dough and flatten it using the rolling pin.The dough should be 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange the Prepared dough into a greased tin.Wrap it and let it to rise for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile grate the coconut using the grater.
- Take milk in a bowl and add in the Corn flour and mix well without lumps.
- Add coconut,sugar,a pinch cardamom powder,butter and mix well with the milk.
- After 15 minutes spread the coconut topping on the top of the bun.Finally Sprinkle little sugar on top.
- Bake the first batch at 180 degree Celsius for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once the bun colour started changing to light brown to dark take it out from the oven. Repeat the same for next batches also.