Looking for a easy starter for party or get together ??? or evening snack ??? My best choice would be vegetable cutlet because no special side dish required to taste this, just a tomato ketchup is enough.Usually i will make in large quantity and freeze it in fridge.Whenever i want, i just take it out from fridge and keep it outside for half an hour and then deep fry it.
3 medium sized Potatoes
1 cup Mixed Vegetable chopped finely(i used beans and carrot)
2 tbsp Green peas
Oil for Deep frying + 2 tsp for Tempering
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp finely chopped green chilly
1/2 tsp minced Ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
A Pinch Chat masala
1 cup Bread Grumps
1/4 cup Maida/ plain flour
Water as required to mix the maida
- Boil or pressure cook the chopped vegetables with very little water,till it becomes soft.If you are using dry green peas soak it in water for 3 hours and then pressure cook it along with the other vegetables.
- Boil the potatoes,peel the skin and mash it.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds,let it to splutter.Then add the minced ginger,green chilly and fry it well.
- And then add the cooked vegetables,mashed potatoes,salt,chat masala,turmeric powder and coriander leaves,mix them well.There should be no water in this mixture.
- Let the mixture to cool for sometime and then make equal sized balls and set aside.
- To make the maida paste,mix maida with little water into thick paste.Then flatten the balls using the finger.Dip it into the maida paste.
- Immediately drop it into the bread crumbs.Turn the other side and coat it with the bread crumbs.Make sure that both sides are well coated.
- If you want a thick coat,then you can repeat the above step one more time.Take it out slowly if you want to make any shape you can use the cookie cutters to make the shape.
- Heat the oil,once oil becomes hot drop the cutlet slowly into the oil.
- Fry it in low flame.Repeat the same for remaining cutlets and fry them one by one or 2 at a time depends on your kadai size.
- Fry it till it become golden brown.
- Keep fried cutlet in a kitchen towel or tissue for few minutes after frying it.
- Serve the hot cutlet as evening snack with coffee / tea.
- You can use frozen vegetable instead of fresh veggies,in that case you no need to pressure cook it.You can add the defrosted vegetable into potato mixture directly.
- You can shallow fry it instead of deep fry using non stick pan with little oil if you are health conscious.
Have a Nice Day!!!