Tasted this traditional sooji cake first time when one of our family friend gave this cake for Christmas.Got the recipe from her and tried out immediately.I have to say, this is one of my fav cake that i have baked.I totally love the texture of the cake because the crispy part of the cake is really too good.
1 cup Rava / Sooji / Semolina
1/2 cup Maida / Plain Flour
1 cup fresh grated / desiccated coconut
1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
- If you are using fresh grated coconut dry roast it first.
- Dry roast the rava / semolina also.Keep aside.
- Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them,till it become light and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat them them well,till sugar dissolves.
- Add the shifted baking powder and plain flour,cardamom powder,dry roasted coconut and semolina / rava,mix well.
- Keep the batter in the same bowl for about 3-4 hours without disturbing,it helps the cake to give fine texture.
- After 3-4 hours.Grease the 8” inch baking tin and transfer the batter into it.Bake it for about 20 to 30 minutes at 170 degree Celsius.
- Once done cool it and then slice it.
The texture of this cake is like perfectly moist at the centre and crispy at the top.Don’t miss to taste the crispy part.
The roasted coconut and cardamom gives nice flavours to the cake.Do try this and enjoy!!!
Have a Nice Day!!!