My friend asked me to post some stuffed buns after trying pav buns.Got this idea of dil kush buns and breads, from my sweet pastry pin wheels. For outer dough for buns and bread i literally followed the bun recipe from here.
Coconut and tutti fruity filling with cardamom powder is really delicious and flavourful.Do try this buns and breads and enjoy.
4 cups Plain Flour
50 g Butter at room temperature
1 tbsp Yeast
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Salt
50 g Flour
250 g Water
1 and 1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 cup tutti fruity
1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Make the roux first by mixing flour and water,without lumps.
- Cook until it forms a custard.Let it cool for sometime.
- Once the mix gets cooled, add the flour,butter,yeast,salt,sugar and milk and knead until smooth and elastic.Finally add oil.
- Knead well.Wrap the bowl and allow it to rise until it gets doubled.
- Divide the dough into small balls(i made 5 equal sized balls)and then roll a ball with a rolling pin by dusting the plain flour.Roll them into a circle of diameter 8” inch and 1/2 “ inch thickness.
- Prepare the filling by mixing coconut,brown sugar,tutti fruity,chopped cashews and cardamom powder.
- Spread the filling in the middle and leave the 1/2 inch space at the outer border.
- Roll out another ball and cover over the filling.
- Keep it in a greased pan and wrap it.
- Wait until it get double the size.
- Brush on top with egg white or milk.
- If you want dil kush buns you can fill the filling inside the balls.
- keep it in a greased tin until it becomes double the size.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.Bake the bread in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once it done Slice it.
- Bake the buns in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.See how soft it looks inside.
Here is a slice of dilkush bread for you.
- Here i used the fresh grated coconut,If you are going to have it immediately then use the fresh coconut otherwise use the desiccated coconut or dry roast the coconut in kadai and then add it.
- I got one 8 inch bread and 3 small buns for this measurement.
- You can use normal sugar instead of brown sugar.