Agathi Keerai is green leaves and its english name is Sesbania Grandiflora.Agathi Keerai Curry | Poriyal Nutritional Values are very rich in Agathi Keerai.My mom use to cook Agathi keerai in most of the Vratam days and she will add the leaves in dosa,sambar,rasam,etc.It is very easy to clean the leaves.You can clean it whenever you find time like while watching tv,etc…Wrap them in a news paper and keep it in fridge.It will be fresh for a week.Wash well and drain it before using.
- 1 bunch Agathi keerai
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/3 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 dry Red Chilly
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt as Needed
- Wash well and drain the leaves,keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the mustard seeds, urad dal and dry red chilli,let it to splutter.
- Now add the,washed and drained leaves, salt and saute for 3mins.
- Sprinkle little water, cover and cook for 5-8mins.
- After the excess water evaporates, add the grated coconut and saute for 2mins.Now the tasty Agathi keerai poriyal is ready.