This recipe is the easiest way to make delicious Pav buns or dinner rolls at home.Buns always seems to be taste better when you make it yourself and is certainly at it's best when it's fresh from the oven.
Recipe Source: My Singapore Kitchen
4 cups Plain Flour
50 g Butter at room temperature
1 tbsp Yeast
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
2 tbsp Oil
Water- remaining to form a firm dough.
1 tsp Salt
250 g Water
- Make the roux first by mixing flour and water,without lumps.
- Cook until it forms a custard.Let it cool for sometime.
- Once the mix gets cooled add the flour,butter,yeast,salt,sugar and milk and knead until smooth and elastic.Finally add oil and knead well.
- Wrap the flour and allow it to rise until it gets doubled.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into ten equal parts.Make it into a small rounded balls.
- Grease the baking tin and arrange the balls. If your tin size bigger then arrange every thing in one batch and bake,else you can do it by next batch also.
- Again allow it to double in size. Apply a coating of milk or egg and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Once baked let it cool for few minutes in the tin itself later invert the tin and take it out.
We can have this with Baji and also it goes well with any curries.
Have A Nice Day!!!