yup suhaina and myself baked some breads,buns and rolls last week-almost the whole day. we had a wonderful time.I learnt a lot from her.Here am sharing the Garlic rolls recipe which i learnt from her.
Recipe Source : My Singapore Kitchen.
3 cups Plain Flour
1 cup Warm Water
1 tbsp Yeast
2 tbsp Sugar
2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp salt
For Garlic Spread :
6 tbsp Salted butter, at room temperature
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.Now add warm water and start knead until you get a soft and sticky dough.
- Then add oil and again knead the dough until it springs back when you press with your finger.Sprinkle oil on the sides of the bowl so that the flour will not stick on it.
- Wrap it and allow to rise for 40-45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes it will become double its initial size.
- Make the garlic spread by mixing the butter,grated garlic and minced coriander.
- Knock down the air in the dough and divide the dough into two equal portions.Take one part of the dough and roll it using a rolling pin. Apply flour to prevent sticking. The rolled out dough must be at least half inch thick.Apply one tablespoon of the garlic spread on it.
- Start rolling it.
- Cut it into two equal parts and further cut the two parts into two, so that you get 4 equal rolls.
- Now place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan.Repeat the same procedure for the 2nd part of the dough and arrange it in the pan.Apply the balance garlic spread on top and apply milk or egg wash which ever you prefer.Rap it one more time and allow to sit for another 20 minutes.In mean time preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- After 20 minutes,sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake it for 20-25 minutes.
- Here is our hot garlic rolls are ready.Let it cool for some time.
- After few minutes invert the pan in a towel and take it out slowly.
Happy Baking and have a nice day !!!