This is another post from a friend Mehan Aarthi for the VIP Event.She is very talented lady who is living in Delhi rite now.Whenever she makes any special dish for family or guest,she will update the pics in fb.I have seen many of her recipe pics in FB.I really admired of her talent and asked her to sent a recipe for this event.She sent this Besan Ladoo recipe with a pic immediately.After seeing the click i was really tempted and tried it out immediately in my kitchen.Since she couldn’t sent the step vise clicks , i have attached mine.Do try this recipe and let me know how it tastes .
Here the Besan Ladoo Pic Sent by MEHAN AARTHI,
1/2 cup unsalted butter or ghee
1 and 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
2 tbsp suji/semolina
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
4 tbsp sliced almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp white sesame seeds(optional)
- Put the basen (gram flour) and sooji, in a large frying pan and mix well.Turn on the stove,in low flame dry roast the flour and stir in between to prevent burning.
- Roast it well till the raw smell goes.
- Once the colour has started changing immediately add ghee and mix well.
- Stir well without lumps and roast the mix well until it gives nice flavor.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the besan mix cool to a warm temperature.Don’t let it to come to room temperature.While the mixture is warm add sugar and mix well.
- Then add cardamom seeds, almonds,white sesame seeds(optional).
- Mix well and start making ladoo.
- Take 2 tbsp of warm besan mixture and gently press and roll between your palms to form a lemon sized balls.Repeat this step for rest of the flour.let it cool for sometime and then serve it as a snack.