Akkaravadisal is hubby favorite sweet and this time I made this to celebrate Adi Velli and also hubby's birthday today.I baked a cake too for him which will post it later.Until then Happy Adi Velli and enjoy this Akkaravadisal.
1 cup Raw Rice
1/4 cup Moong dal
2-3 Cardamom, Crushed
A pinch Pachakarpooram
1/2 tin Condensed Milk
2-3 Jaggery, crushed
20 Cashewnuts,breaked into half
3 cups water,to cook rice
1/4 cup water,to dissolve the jaggery
4 tbsp Ghee
- Wash the Rice and Dal in water and rinse the water.
- Add the washed rice and dal,condensed milk and water in the pressure cooker and pressure cook it,till the rice and dal cooked well.
- Once the rice and dal cooked well,smash it using the ladle.
- We have added the condensed milk in the previous step.So we are going to add less jaggery now.If you feel it is too sweet,you can skip this step also.Dissolve the crushed jaggery in water,stain the impurities and add it into the rice mixture.
- Heat the ghee in the kadai and fry the raisins and cashew nuts in it.
- Add the fired cashew nuts and the raisins,pachakarpooram,crushed cardamom in the Akkaravadisal and mix well.
Hot Akkaravadisal is ready now.You can add a tsp of ghee before serving.
You can offered this to god as Nevediyam.
Have a Nice Day!!!