The traditional British Christmas Cake is rich with full of fruits and nuts. I have already posted dark fruit cake recipe with lot of fruits and nuts,that version includes gram masala.But i wanted to try steamed version of Christmas cake.This is very simple and easy cake recipe for beginners… The recipe for Egg less Christmas cake will be coming up next ...
- 100 g Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 60 g Margarine
- 59 g Butter
- 125 g Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs(120 g)
- 10 ml Milk
- 250 g Fruits
- 75 g Nuts
- Pre heat the oven.Add Butter and Margarine in a mixing bowl and beat them at low-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Shift the Plain flour and baking powder.Add the shifted flour in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add brown sugar and salt with the flour.Blend until well mixed.
- Add egg one by one,beat well.
- Pour in milk and mix well.
- Add in mixed fruits and nuts and mix well.
- Make ready the cake batter for baking.
- Grease the top of the steaming tin with butter and fill water in the bottom tin.
- Steam bake it at 180 degree Celsius for about 55-60 minutes.
- Let it cool for sometime and transfer the cake to a plate.
- Here is steam cake is ready.