Traditional Christmas cakes are lighter,softer and with lot of fruits and nuts.This cake includes spice powder and fruit juice which gives nice aroma for the cake.Here i shared Egg less version.You can check my egg version here.
120g Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
125g Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1 tbsp Vinegar
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp spice powder
1/3 cup Fruit Juice / 30 ml Brandy( i used apple juice)
120g Mixed Fruits(sultanas,raisins,cherries,prunes,dates,mixed peels),roughly chopped.
120g Mixed Nuts(macadamia nuts,cashew nuts,almonds),roughly chopped.
- Put the mixed fruits in a bowl and add the fruit juice/brandy,mix well.Leave to stand for overnight.
- In a small bowl,mix baking soda and vinegar and keep aside.
- Pre heat the oven.In a mixing bowl,beat butter till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Shift the baking powder and plain flour and then add shifted flour and salt in the mixing bowl, beat the mix just for 1 minute at low to medium speed.
- Add the soaked fruits along with the juice,nuts,baking soda+ vinegar mix and spice powder,blend well.
- Grease the 9 inch tin and transfer the mix to the tin.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes,at 180 degree Celsius .When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and leave to cool.
- Here is our cake it ready.You can decorate it according to your own wish.