I would like to Tribute this post to Mrs.Jayasree satish of Kailas Kitchen.She is a wonderful blogger, i learnt many Authentic recipes from her blog.To honour her memory,i tried Thattai recipe from her blog.Here i wish to share the recipe with you ladies.
- 4 cups Rice flour
- 4 tbsp Urad flour (Roasted and powdered)
- 2 tbsp Butter/Ghee
- 2 tbsp Chana dal, soaked
- 1 tbsp White sesame seeds
- 2 and 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil to deep fry
- Curry leaves few
- A Pinch Hing
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Soak the chana dal for about an hour before using it.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except oil and water,mix well.
- Now add water little by little and knead the dough,till it become soft.
- Grease the zip lock cover and pat it into small discs.
- Heat oil in a kadai,transfer the discs carefully into the oil.
- Deep fry till golden colour. Store it in air tight container and enjoy.