Mysore pak is a popular south indian sweet and we all love this.We make this during each deepavali and this year I thought I should post the recipe.This recipe comes from my mom who is an expert in making mysore pak.Here is the recipe for Ghee mysore Pak, hope you all like it …
1 cup Bengal gram flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Water(for sugar syrup)
1 and 3/4 cup pure Ghee
1/4 cup Oil
- Melt the ghee and mix a tbsp of hot ghee with flour.Mix it well and keep aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar and water,till one sting consistency is reached.
- Sprinkle flour at this stage and stir it constantly without forming lumps.Don’t add all the flour at a time,sprinkle little by little.Make sure that the flour is blended well with syrup.
- Mix the oil with hot ghee and again heat it.Mixing of oil gives soft texture so please don't skip this step.Pour the hot ghee little by little and stir constantly.After few minutes the ghee gets absorbed completely.Keep the flame low-medium at this stage.Once the ghee gets absorbed stop adding the ghee and stir constantly.
- After few minutes the mixture become frothy and leaves out the ghee.At this stage remove from the stove and transfer it into a greased tin.pat it well for even distribution.
- Cut into pieces when it is still warm.Let it cool for sometime and turn back into a tray.
- Here is the Mysore Pak is ready.
Here is the soft and delicious ghee mysore pak pieces for you :)Sure it Melts in Your Mouth.