Suzhiyan/Suzhiyam recipe is the traditional sweet which can be prepared during deepavali day.I have some left over puranam after prepared kozhukattai So i used that for preparing suzhiyan/Suzhiyam. This suzhiyam is made of Madai Flour, little rice flour and sweet kadalai parauppu puranam stuffed inside. This Madai Sweet Balls are the one must present in all the south indian breakfast during the deepavali day. In this recipe i have updated the video.
ForOuter Covering Suzhiyan/ Suzhiyam:
1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1 tbsp rice flour
A pinch Salt
1/3 cup water(approximately)
oil for deep frying
1 cup Channa dal
1/2 cup grated jaggery
1/4 cup grated coconut
A pinch cardamom powder
step by step photos of suzhiyam recipe:
- Please check the method of preparation of Puranam(filling) Here.
- Make small gooseberry sized balls and keep aside.Heat the oil in a kadai.Let us Prepare the Batter for covering.
- Add the all purpose flour(maida),rice flour,Baking Soda,salt and water in a mixing bowl and mix them well without lumps.
- The batter should not be too thick or thin.It should be like dosa batter.Dip the Ball in the batter.
- Drop the balls Carefully into the oil,turn both side and fry well.
- Take the Suzhiyan out from the oil and drain it in a kitchen towel.
My sis love to have puranam alone but my fav is that the crispy part…Do try this crispy and yummy sweet and Enjoy the day:)
Suzhiyan/Suzhiyam Recipe Video:
Happy Onam to all My Friends!!!