Akkaravadisal and Kalkandu Sadam are almost same,both are milk based sweets,only difference is that we add jaggery and dal in Akkaravadisal but in kalkandu sadam,we add only Kalkandu.Kalkandu sadam is less sweet and mild taste when compared to Akkaravadisal.Both are my family fav Sweets.I made this Kalkandu sadam at the first day of Puratassi(masapirappu) to offer Lord Perumal.This is very simple and easy recipe,which is suitable for all occasions.
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Kalkandu(you can use the unshaped sugar candy also)
- 2 cardamoms / A pinch Cardamom Powder
- A small piece of Jathikai/nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 10 Raisins
- 10 Cashew nuts
- Clean and Wash the rice,add it in a pressure cooker.Then add water and Milk into it.
- Pressure cook it,till the rice become soft and smooth.
- Powder the Kalkandu with jathikai and cardamom,till fine powder.
- Add the Powder into the pressure cooker and mix well with the rice.
- Heat the ghee in a kadai and fry the raisins and Cashew Nuts,till golden brown.
- Mix the fried Cashew Nuts and raisins with rice.
Here is Our Kalkandu Sadam is ready,Enjoy
I am sending this to Kalyani's "Foods for fasting - Vrat Ka Khaana" Event.
Have a Wonderful Day!!!