Grilled pizza speciality is that they are chewy and smoky flavored making it tasty to eat. I wanted to try grilled BBQ pizza and made it this time, it’s fun and so interesting to grill pizza. There are many method for grilling,that you can cook the plain dough first, on one side, on the grill. Then remove it, flip it, brush the grilled side with sauce and toppings, and return the pizza to the grill for final cooking.
But I grilled the dough with the toppings in oven for 10 minutes first,since my pizza crust bit thick and then grilled on the BBQ pit. Normally BBQ pizza has less of topping but we like it with lots of topping :)….so I did it this way. You can add topping as per your taste.
Ingredients For Pizza Dough:
- 1 and 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Marinated Paneer
- 3-4 black olives,cut into round shape
- 2-3 tsp BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Green,Yellow Bell Peppers diced
- 1/2 Tomatoes,diced
- 1/2-1 cup Cheese,grated
- Add all the dough ingredients,except oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add water and knead them well like a chapathi dough.
- Add oil and then knead them till the dough become soft.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth.
- Leave it for about 2-3 hours,till the size is doubled.
- Spread the dough and brush on top with BBQ sauce,add cheese.
- Add the marinated paneer,on top.(please check the marinating ingredients and procedure here).
- Add the toppings like bell peppers, olives,tomatoes,etc…
- Finally add cheese on top.(you can add less cheese or skip this step also)
- Prepare the grill with high heat.
- My pizza dough is bit thick so i did grill for 10 minutes in oven and then placed the pizza in BBQ pit .If you are preparing thin pizza then you can place it directly in pit.
- Be careful that pizza don’t burn,just once it started turning brown colour take it out.
- Slice the Pizza and serve hot. Enjoy these delicious pizza.
Have a Nice Day!!!