This is one of my fav variety rice next to Puliyodarai,which i made for Puratasi Saturdays.It’s Perfect for Neivedyam and Lunch box also. Do try this flavourful and Healthy rice.
Ellu podi and Sesame Seed Powder:
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 4-5 Dry Red chillies
- A Pinch Hing
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat the kadai,dry Roast the Sesame seeds separately and take it out.
- And then roast the urad dal along with hing in coconut oil,keep aside.
- Roast the dry red chilly in the same kadai and let them cool completely.Add salt and Powder it in mixie.
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 and 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Ellu Podi | Sesame Seed powder
- Salt as Needed
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds in the kadai.Once it crackle add curry leaves.
- Add the cooked rice and ellu powder into the kadai and mix well.
- Add salt,since ellu podi already contains salt.According to your taste adjust the salt and the ellu podi.
Here is our Ellorai is ready for Neivedyum/Lunch Box…Enjoy!!!
I am sending this to Kalyani’s “Foods for fasting – Vrat Ka Khaana” Event.
Have a Nice Day!!!