VerKadalai(groundnut) kuzhambhu is a healthy and tasty south Indian Kuzhambu recipe.This is one my favourite Kuzhambu,love to have it with hot rice.Groundnut is a very healthy and delicious dish with a number of ingredients spicing up the dish and the nutritional value also is high.
Use fresh groundnut.Pressure cook the groundnut with the shell,by adding little salt into it.Once it cooked well,Peal the shell and keep aside.
These are mixed spices which i kept ready before cooking.It contains mustard seeds,cumin seeds,fennel seeds,fenugreek seeds,urad dal.This mixed spices gives nice flavour to the kuzhambu.
Gingerly Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat the Oil and add all the spices into it,wait till the seeds crackle.
- Add onion,tomato,curry leaves and fry it.
- Once the onion and tomato becomes soft,add the brinjal.Cover and cook for few minutes or till the brinjal becomes soft.
- Add the cooked groundnuts into the kadai.Fry it for a while.
- And then add the turmeric powder,sambar powder and salt.
- Finally add the Tamarind extract ,cover and cook for few minutes.Wait till the kuzhambu becomes thick.
Here is the Kuzhambu is ready,serve it with hot rice.
Have Nice Day!!!