Every year i used to prepare uppu seedai,vella seedai,murukku,thattai for Krishna Jayanthi…but last year didn’t get time to post all.I am trying to post this year.Today i am happy to share this vella seedai recipe.This is very simple recipe,even beginners can also do it by seeing this step vise clicks.Do try this recipe.God Bless!!!
1 cup Rice Flour
1 and 1/2 tsp Urad dal Flour
1 cup Jaggery
1/4 cup water
A Pinch Cardamom Powder
1/4 tsp White Sesame Seeds( if you like sesame,you can add little more)
1 tsp Butter
Oil for Frying
A Pinch Salt
- Follow the Preparation of Rice Flour here.
- In a clean kadai/pan dry roast the rice flour for 1-2 minutes in low flame.Ensure that the flour should not burn or change colour.Let it cool down for few minutes and Keep aside.
- Meanwhile break the jaggery into small pieces and then drop water in jaggery.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then stain the jaggery water.Just warm the jaggery water for about 1 minute in microwave or in stove top,ensure that it should not form the syrup consistency.Let it cool for sometime.
- Dry roast the White sesame seed and get it cool down.
- See the Preparation of Urad dal flour here.Add prepared rice flour,urad dal flour,cardamom powder ,salt and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add the jaggery water little by little and knead the dough.Stop adding the jaggery water if the dough becomes stiff,don’t add too of much jaggery water.
- Finally add butter.knead the flour,till the dough becomes soft.
- Make small balls and set aside.
- Heat the oil at medium to high flame and drop the first batch of seedai.
- Fry the seedai till golden brown.Take the first batch of seedai.
- Then drop the second batch and do the same for the next batches.Now Vella Seedai is ready for Naivedyam.
Try this recipe and Enjoy the Krishna Jayanthi.
Have A Nice Day!!!