Basic preparation for most of the bakshanams are made of rice flour, urad dal flour, cardamom powder and jaggery. If we have all these ingredients handy then it's easy to prepare bakshanam. Normally I woke up early morning and prepare bakshnam but then it may disturb other sleeping so now a days I prepare this in advance and use it on the pandigai day.
For Rice Flour:
Rice flour is required more because we use rice flour for most of the bakshanams.So i need 1 kg Raw rice for this preparation.
- Wash and soak the rice for about 15 minutes and then drain the water well.
- And then spread the rice in a clean cloth and till the rice become dry.
- Powder it in mixie.
- Then sieve it well.
- Store the rice flour in zip lock cover and keep it in fridge.
- Take the required quantity whenever needed.
Urad Dal Flour:
Urad dal is not required that much as like rice flour so i need 1/4 kg urad dal for this preparation.
- Dry roast the Urad dal in a skittle,till golden brown and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Then Powder it in mixie and then sieve it well.
Store the urad dal powder in a zip lock cover and take the required amount whenever needed.
1 tbsp sugar
- Powder the cardamom along with sugar in mixie.
- Sieve the Cardamom powder well.
- Don't through the fibre after sieved the powder,you can use it while preparing tea.
I used 1 kg jaggery for this preparation.
- Use the stone or any other heavy thing to break the jaggery into small pieces.Break it as much as smaller.So that it is easily dissolve in water.
Here the jaggery is ready,store it in zip lock cover and take required amount whenever needed.