I wanted to make something special for hubby birthday.After lot of thinking, I decided to make fondant cake. I wanted to try fondant cake for very long time but was bit scare of the process.I got the recipe from my friend and tried my hands on it. As you can see I didn’t get perfect frosting but then it’s only my 1st trial, but the cake tasted yum that my hubby finished half of the cake :)You can also make cream or butter frosting instead of fondant for this cake.
Egg less Basic Butter Cake Recipe:
250 gms Butter
220 gms Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
200gms Silken Tofu
280 gms Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Milk Powder
50ml Warm Water
- Preheat the oven and Grease the 9 inch baking tin.
- Beat the Sugar,Butter and Salt,in a mixing bowl,till light and fluffy.
- Cut the tofu into smaller pieces in a separate bowl.
- Beat it well,till it become soft and fluffy.
- Then mix the tofu mixture well with the butter mixture.
- Shift the Plain flour,Baking Soda and Baking Powder and mix them well with the tofu,butter mixture.
- Mix the Milk Powder with the warm water and then add it into the cake mixture.
- Mix it well and transfer the batter to the greased baking tin.
- Bake it for about 40-50mins.Check the cake by Inserting a tooth pick in the middle.If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.If not keep baking it for another 5 Min’s.
- Let the cake to cool down completely.Our Basic Butter cake is ready now.
- Lets start our decoration,beat the whipping cream with icing sugar,till stiff beak.Layer the cake into two.Spread the cream evenly on one layer and close the other layer over the cream layer.
- Mix the gelatin with water and then double boil it.Add glycerin and glucose with the double boiled gelatin,mix well.You can add the colour if you want,but am going mix 3 colours.so am adding it later.
- In a mixing bowl,add the confectionery sugar,double boiled gelatin + glycerin+glucose mix and vegetable shortening.kneed the flour,till soft dough.
- I have separated 1/4 part of the dough for other decoration,keep aside.
- Then i have added few drops of violet colour into it.Use confectionery sugar as dusting,while rolling the dough.
- Here is our Fondant is ready for decoration.
- Dust the work surface with confectionery sugar and then roll flat the fondant,using the rolling pin.
- Take out rolled dough slowly over the rolling pin.
- Cover the cake evenly without forming the air bubbles.
- Roll the dough which we have kept separately for making flowers and mix few drops of violet colour so that it appear more darker.Mix yellow colour and orange colour with the white fondant,separately.Using flower cutter,cut the flowers in different sizes,arrange it one above the other.In middle keep the small orange round ball.
- Apply piping jelly behind the flowers and arrange the flowers on top of the cake.Complete the decoration by giving the same white ball borders on the top.
- My daughter wants her contribution also in the cake.So i let her to write the wording for her father.