I had Aloo gobi curry recently in a restaurant and liked it very much.So I wanted to give a try and got the recipe from Priti. This version is so simple and easy to make.So, here comes the recipe of aloo Gobi,
- 1/2 Cauliflower,cut into florets
- 5-6 Baby Potatoes/ 2 Medium sized potatoes
- 1 Tomato,medium sized and finely chopped
- 1 Onion, medium sized and finely chopped
- 1 or 2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 4-5 tbsp Oil
- Water – 1 cup
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion,diced
- 1 or 2 Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker and peel the skin.
- Heat the kadai,add 2 tbsp of oil and shallow fry the potatoes and keep aside.
- Boil the Cauliflower with enough water just tender not too mushy.
- Drain the water and shallow fry it in same oil.Keep aside.
- Meanwhile grind the grinding ingredients into fine paste with little water.Then add 1 tbsp of Oil in the same kadai and fry the finely chopped onion,tomatoes and green chilly,till they become soft.Add the grinded masala,ginger garlic paste and salt ,cook it for 5 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
- Add the turmeric powder,chilli powder and coriander powder,cook it for few minutes.
- Add the shallow fried potatoes and cauliflower,mix it well and add water if needed.
- Cover and cook it for 5 minutes or till the veggie get cooked nicely.If you want dry curry,just cook it few more minutes until it becomes dry.Here is our Aloo Gobi Semi dry curry is ready now.
You can serve this with Roti or with rice.