1 cup Idly Rice
1/4 cup Raw Rice
1/2 cup Toor dal
1/4 cup Channa dal
1 1/2 tbsp Urad dal
Hing a Pinch
5 Dry Red Chillies
2 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
Few Curry Leaves/A hand full Drumstick Leaves
1 tbsp grated Coconut(optional)
Oil For making Adai(preferably Sesame seed oil)
Salt as Needed
- Soak the rice with dry red chilly and all the dals separately for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours Grind the rice with dry red chilly separately into smooth paste and the dals separately into course paste.
- Mix them well in a large mixing bowl and then add salt and hing to it.
- Add the curry leaves/drumstick leaves,onion,Coconut(i didn’t use) and mix them well.
- Heat the Dosa Tawa and take a Ladle full of batter and spread it into tawa.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the edges of the adai.Let it get cooked.Then flip it over to the other side.
After both sides are cooked remove it from tawa.
Have a Happy Weekend:)