1 cup Idly Rice
1/4 cup Raw Rice
1/2 cup Toor dal
1/4 cup Channa dal
1 & 1/2 tbsp Urad dal
Hing a Pinch
5 Dry Red Chillies
2 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
Few Curry Leaves/A hand full Drumstick Leaves
1 tbsp grated Coconut(optional)
Oil For making Adai(preferably Sesame seed oil)
Salt as Needed
- Soak the rice with dry red chilly and all the dals separately for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours Grind the rice with dry red chilly separately into a smooth paste and the dals separately into a course paste.
- Mix them well in a large mixing bowl and then add salt and hing to it.
- Add the curry leaves/drumstick leaves,onion,Coconut(i didn’t use) and mix them well.
- Heat the Dosa Tawa and take a Ladle full of batter and spread it into tawa.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the edges of the adai.Let it get cooked.Then flip it over to the other side.
After both sides are cooked remove it from tawa.
Adai Recipe Video
Have a Happy Weekend:)