Most of you wanted to know what I made of Sponge Cake that I posted.So this is what I did, I made Tiramisu to celebrate 200th Post.Yes, am very happy that this is my 200th post and it took my 1 year plus to do this.Thanks for all the blogger friends and reader for encouraging me.
I wanted to try making tiramisu for very long time but thinking it’s a long and tough I never did.I got this recipe from one of my friend and when she told me it’s easy to do it and I thought of trying. Here is the Recipe…
For tiramisu we need a layer of Sponge Cake,pls Chk the Recipe for sponge cake here.
1 layer Sponge cake
For Cheese Mousse
400g Mascarpone cheese
2 Egg Yolks
100g Castor Sugar
30ml Hot Water
250g Whipped Cream
50ml Coffee Liqueur(i used a tsp of coffee essence)
For Coffee Syrup
10g Instant Coffee
10ml Coffee essence
60g Cocoa Powder
30g Pink Sugar Powder
10pcs Ladies’ Figure Biscuits
- Double Boil the Mascarpone Cheese till soft and smooth.
- Blend the egg yolks and Castor sugar,then double boil till lukewarm.
- Mix the gelatin and hot water well,until gelatin is well dissolved.
- Add in the Gelatin and Melted cheese with the egg yolks and Castor sugar mixture,blend thoroughly.
- Kept it over a bowl of ice water.
- Keep stirring so as to bring down the temperature.
- Whip the Whipping cream and coffee essence and then add into above and mix till well incorporated.
- Here is the Mousse ready.
- Place a layer of sponge cake into mousse mold.
- Then pour half of the mousse on top.
- Prepare the Coffee Syrup by Cooking sugar,water,instant coffee and coffee essence,till sugar dissolved.
- Dip the ladies’ figure biscuits into the coffee syrup before arranging them on the mousse.
- Finally cover it with the balance of the mousse.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and freeze it for 3 hours.Please sprinkle little coco powder,because it gives a bitter taste if you sprinkle more coco powder.
- After 3 hours take it out from fridge and takeout the mousse ring slowly.
- This step is optional,if you want use stencils and decorate it.
- Sprinkle pink sugar powder on top and take out the stencil carefully.
- Dip the biscuits in syrup and arrange them on the sides.
- Here is the tiramisu cake is ready.Refrigerate it before serving.
Have a nice day!