Jigarthanda, a Madurai Famous cool drink.It is very nice and healthy drink to have in summer.There is one shop in madurai famous for this drink, there will be always long queue on that shop.
In this drink,i used Jelly.You can use Agar Agar or Grass Jelly to get chunky bites while drinking. Specialty of this drink is Nannari Surbath and Thick milk.Nannari Surbath is Known as Indian Sarasaparilla, is a wonder herb,with its natural cooling property. If you can’t get the nannari syrup you can add the Rose syrup also.do chk the guava juice recipe here
50g jelly Powder
1 cup water
2 tbsp Nannari surbath/Rose syrup
4 Scoops Vanilla Ice cream
- Boil milk in low flame. Continue boiling so as to reduce the quantity to 300 ml (half of 600 ml).Let it cool and Keep it in fridge for an hour.
- Mix the Jelly Powder in water and boil it.Once it becomes thick.Transfer it in a vessel.Let it cool and keep it in fridge for few minutes.
- Fill 1/2 of the glass with this chilled thick milk.
- Using spoon mash the jelly.Add it in the glass.
- Mix the jelly and milk well.
- Add 2 scoops of ice creams in each glass.
- Add 1 tbsp of Nannari Sarbath/Rose Syrup on top of the ice cream.
- Adjust the Amount of syrup according to your taste.Since we didn’t add sugar,you can adjust it by adding the more syrup.