Ennai Kathirikkai is my Amma's favorite recipe, she makes this so perfect and I always love to eat it.
I made this on Mother Day since my amma also like this recipe very much. This recipe is so simple and taste just wonderful, goes perfect with steamed rice. Even my hubby loves this.
2 tbsp Oil
1 inch Cinnamon Stick
1 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
1 tbsp Coconut Paste
1 sprig Curry Leaves
1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds Powder
Salt as Needed
- Wash and Clean the Brinjal. Remove the Stem and the bracts.Slice them length wise and keep it in water,before cooking.
- Heat a tbsp of Oil in a Kadai and reserve another tbsp of oil.Add Cinnamon Stick and Cloves.Once they crackle add the Chopped Onions and Fry them well.
- Drain the Water and then add the brinjal into the kadai.Cover and Cook in oil for few minutes.
- Once the Brinjal becomes soft add the Coconut paste,Fennel seed Powder(you can also grind the coconut and fennel seeds together),Chilly Powder,Turmeric Powder and Salt.Cover and Cook again.
- Saute in between ,then Cover and cook.
- Add Curry leaves and add reserved 1 tbsp of oil now and Saute it well.After adding curry leaves and oil don't cover and cook.Just let it to fry.While frying in oil the curry leaves and coconut gives nice flavor.
Here is the Yummy Ennai Kathirikkai is ready to serve.You can have it with roti/rice.