This is my favorite pickle but never tried on my own.Last month when i saw this cute baby mangoes in tekka market I got so tempted over this and bought some.I called my sil and asked her the recipe as she is an expert in making pickles.
Here I am sharing this with you.
During our school day's this use to my hubby's ususal lunch box and I grab his lunch box only for this maavadu and enjoy to core...well confuse? We both studied together :D ...I'm so glad I tried this on my own and it came perfect.
20-25 Baby Mangoes
6-7 Dry Red Chillies
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Castor Oil
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
A pinch Hing
1 and 1/2 tbsp Salt
- Wash the Mangoes well in tap water.
- Leave little stalks in mangoes and discard the remaining.
- Wipe the Mangoes on a clean cloth/towel.
- Keep the mangoes in a large bowl.Drop Castor oil in it, using your hand mix well.
- Grind the Dry Red chillies and Mustard seeds in mixie into course paste with little water.
- Add grounded paste, turmeric powder, salt, hing with mangoes and mix well.
- Transfer it in a jar and once a day shake the bottle well so that the top part mangoes goes down and the bottom ones comes up. Initially it will looks dry but after 3-5 days mangoes will start ozzing water.