Mocha Cake is one of the easiest cake to bake I think.If you don’t like coffee then you should try this cake and I’m sure you will love this one.I have made this cake already twice but then was not able to take step vise picture but this time I made it for hubby to take for office and manage to take the pics.. and hubby came back home only with praise for me from his office ..:D
Whether you love coffee or don’t ..it’s a must try….
300g Self raising flour
200g Sugar Powder
10g Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Coffee Essence/oil
1 tbsp Instant Coffee(i used Nescafe)
60ml Cooking Oil
400gm Whipping Cream
1 tsp Coffee Essence/Oil
1 tin Dark Pitted Cherries
100g Cooking Chocolate
100g Toasted Almonds
20g Glucose Syrup
200g Fresh Cream
200g Cooking Chocolate
- Beat the eggs till light and fluffy.
- Shift the Flour,Sugar Powder,Salt and mix them well with the egg mixture.
- Add Cocoa Powder,Coffee Essence,Instant Coffee and Mix them well.
- Add Cooking oil,if the Batter is thick add little water otherwise no need.
- Grease the 9 inch tin and pour batter.
- Pre heat the oven and bake it for about 35 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Check it done completely or not,by inserting a tooth pick in the middle.
- Cool down completely before doing frosting.
- Use cake lever er or serrated knife to layer the cake into 2 layers.
- Keep the 2nd layer on a turner table and spread a thin layer of topping cream on the 2nd layer.
- Arrange some drained dark pitted cherries on top.
- And then Smoothen with some whipped cream on top of the cherries.
- Start Decorating at the sides first by uisng cake comb,make patterns.
- While making the patterns keep the cake in turner table and turn on full round at a strech.Dont stop in the middle and continue.
- Pipe some patterns on the side corners.
- Complete the piping on all the sides and set it in the fridge for sometime.Meanwhile prepare the ganache.
- Melt the Cooking chocolate,butter and the fresh cream by double boiling method.
- Stir between to avoid over heating and let it cool for sometime before start decorating the cake.