Once i heard about the Blogger Marathon event with Raks Kitchen,wanted to send a entry to the event.It’s very good idea of choosing her blog,thanks to Jayshree Ravi.Because her blog is an inspirational blog for all the beginners like me.It is very difficult to choose one recipe from Raks kitchen because all the recipe pictures make me to try everything.I wanted to choose one from her top posts(Brinjal Poriyal) and the other one is a most famous recipe,many blogger tried it(Ulundhu Vadai).
Brinjal Semi Curry/Poriyal:
- Grind the Jeera,Onion and Coconut without water first and then add water grind it.
- Cut the brinjal into medium sized pieces and keep in water till use.
- Heat oil in a kadai,add mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves.Let it to crackle.
- Then add Brinjal,tamarind extract,turmeric powder,sambar powder,grinded paste and salt.
- Cover and cook till the brinjal become soft.
- Transfer it into a serving bowl,now the Brinjal Semi Curry is Ready to serve.
Ulundhu / Medhu Vadai:
1 cup Urad dal
1 medium sized Onion Chopped
Few Corriender Leaves
A sprig Curry Leaves
Oil for frying
- Soak Urad dhal in water for an Hour.Grind it in grinder with little water till light and fluffy.Just sprinkle the water while grinding.Don’t add more water.
- Transfer the batter into a bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, coriander,curry leaves and salt and mix them well.
- Wet the Hand and make a ball.
- Use the thumb to make whole.
- Once done,drop the vadai slowly into the heated oil.
- Fry it in medium flame,till the it becomes crispy.
- Take it out once it become golden brown color.
- Keep them in the kitchen towel for few minutes and then serve.