2 tbsp white or black Sesame
1/2 cup grated Jaggery
1/3 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 cup grated coconut
For Outer Cover:
1 cup Rice Flour
2 cups Water
2 tsp Oil
1/3 tsp Salt
- Dry roast the sesame for few minutes in low flame for few minutes.Take care that it should not burn.Switch off the stove and cool for sometime.
- Grind it in Mixie into fine powder.
- You can make this step by 2 ways one by make sugar syrup using the grated jaggery separately and then add the sesame powder.other way you can add the grated jaggery and 2 tbsp of water in the kadai.Once its started melting,add the sesame powder and then mix well,till the jaggery melts.
- Once it becomes thick add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Mix well the mixture and cool it for sometime.
- Boil the water in a pan with sesame oil and salt.
- Switch of the stove and then add the prepared rice flour and mix well using the laddle for few minutes.
- Once the dough mixed well,leave it for 2 minutes and again knead it using your hand ,till it becomes soft.
- Cover it with a wet cloth otherwise it will get dry soon.
- Make the outer dough into small ball and then flatten it in a greased sheet.Take that and keep it in a mould.Drop a spoon of filling in the middle of the dough and close it.
- If you don’t have mould just close it and then press the corners.
- Steam the kozhukatai using idly steamer or any steamer.Serve the hot khozhukatai.